We are looking for an experienced, caring and engaged Executive Chef.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated knowledge of:
- Cook Certification, Red Seal Certification or equivalent would be an advantage
- Skilled business sense regarding nutritious recipe creation, menu development and food production, inventory management, food cost, labour cost, and scheduling
- Local supplier knowledge needed
- Kitchen cleaning protocols
- Team leadership. What inspires a team to produce desirable results!
They will have the ability to:
- Deliver a first-class dining experience to our residents and guests. Responsible for all food-related services
- Create great meals within a defined budget
- Plan well-balanced and nutritious meals/menus
- Create and maintain a friendly and welcoming environment to build relationships with our clients and team
- Ability to delegate tasks and set standards
- Attend meetings with customers/clients
- Attain a Food Handler Certification or willing to attain within 90 days
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with a salary range on offer of $55,000- $65,000 per annum. Benefits include three weeks paid vacation per year, 13 paid days general holidays (statutory and civic) per year. You will also have the option to participate in health insurance and pension matching plan.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: HR@misericordiaterrace.ca. Include the job title in the subject line.