We are looking for an experienced, caring and engaged Program Director.
This full-time position is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all social and recreation programs for the building. It encompasses a wide variety of programming including, but not limited to, crafts, games, presentations, guest speakers, Sunday services, out-trips, clubs, special events, etc. Additionally, responsible for our dining room service and some tenant relations.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated knowledge of:
- Recreation management, events and working with seniors
- Social and recreation needs of older adults to fulfill the five main aspects of personal health: physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and intellectual
- Degree/diploma/certificate in recreation studies required
- Tenancy life cycle process
- Community resources to facilitate involvement in our program
- Dining room service, and tenant relations
They will have the ability to:
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate social and recreation programs in accordance with objectives and policies
- Ensure that all programs are conducted in a safe and secure environment
- Deliver a first-class dining experience to our residents and guests
- Evaluate programs for appropriateness and effectiveness
- Create and maintain a friendly and welcoming environment to build relationships with our clients and team
- Attend meetings with customers/clients
- Obtain a provincial or out of province police and elder abuse check
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with a salary range on offer of $45,000- $55,000 per annum. Benefits include three weeks paid vacation per year, 13 paid days general holidays (statutory and civic) per year and ability to participate in health insurance and pension matching plan.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: HR@misericordiaterrace.ca. Include the job title in the subject line.